Monday, September 24, 2012

Movie Monday: What to Expect When You're Expecting

  I'm just going to get straight to my opinion on this comedy. I did not like it, like I thought I would. It was stupid humor that I didn't find funny at all, and it was kind of disgusting.
  This movie is about a bunch of people who don't really know each other at all, getting pregnant and adopting and so forth. Some of the new mom's find being pregnant easy and remain beautiful, while other new mom's can't stand being pregnant any longer. Each couple in the movie represents a different type of couple, but they all have one thing in common, they are all going through a lot of ups and downs in this film.
  My favorite couple in the film would probably have to be Jennifer Lopez and Rodrigo Santoro, they are adopting a new child from Ethiopia. Throughout the movie they argue, have financial problems, and doubts about becoming new parents. Rodrigo Santoro's character, Alex joins a dad club. He meets other dad's and learns stories about what happened to their children when they are in charge. 
  The dad's club was my favorite part of the movie, featuring Chris Rock, Thomas Lennon, Rod Huebel, and Amir Talai. They were incredibly funny together and had some interested yet funny lines. Chris Rock's son Jordan is seen throughout the movie with something new broken every time. The first time he has a patch on his forehead, then it's a sling, and at the end a cast on his arm. Although the boy has no lines in the movie, he is one of my favorite characters.
  My least favorite character in the movie is Elizabeth Banks' character Wendy, while usually I am a huge Elizabeth Banks fan, this movie she plays a depressed and disgusting pregnant lady.
  The commercial show a much better movie then the film itself, but there are also some good points in the movie I enjoyed. The first part of the movie is about getting to know the characters and their stories, the middle of the movie is about the characters realizing pregnancy isn't as glamorous as you hope, but then at the end you see joy and happiness with all the new families. 
  I want your opinion on the film, who was your favorite and least favorite character.

Happy Readings
 Samm 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I agree this movie was terrible.. I let my sister choose and lets just say she won't be choosing again.

    ReplyDelete